Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding


There are a lot of chia seed pudding recipes out there. My dd gave me her version and keeper of the home had a peanut butter chocolate version. The basic recipe seems to be the same 2 cups of liquid to 1/2 cup of chia seeds and add whatever flavorings you want.  I made the peanut butter chocolate one without the peanut butter because I didn't have any. I also reduced the coconut sugar to 1/2 c. and added several drops of clear liquid stevia.

Keeper of the Home has a great post of the benefits of chia seed along with the recipe. I'm using it mainly for the fiber. It has far more fiber than even flax seed, so it's an inexpensive way to get my fiber.

Linda








1 comment:

Lady Linda said...

You guys amaze me. I have never heard of this! So interesting. I always wonder what I'm going to find on your blog. Love ya!