Thursday, June 28, 2012

Coconut Curried Sweet Potato and Forks over Knives



I made Coconut Curried Sweet Potato last night. I would like to try it another time with the Moroccan spice mixture in the chicken recipe I tried here.

Coconut Curried Sweet Potato
 1 medium sweet potato, washed
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/8 tsp. ginger (or 1/4 tsp fresh minced) I used the dry ginger powder
1/8 tsp. turmeric
1/8 tsp. cilantro (coriander)-I used coriander
1/8 tsp. cumin

Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Wash potato. Pierce with fork.
Bake potato 45-60 minutes or until tender
Scoop out potato into a bowl and add coconut milk and spices.
Mash well and stir. I used a food processor. I also added salt.

I watched this video Forks over Knives. It about eating a plant based diet and it was very interesting. It has given me the boost I needed to continue with the juicing and veggies and to really consider if I want to go back to eating meat. I always felt with the diabetes I had to eat low carb, but a couple of people on this video reversed there diabetes with this plant based diet, no animal products.

Linda

1 comment:

Lady Linda said...

LInda...quite the journey you are on! You are so diligent and I'm impressed, plus everything just looks so yummy. I need to put more effort into my eating.
Love ya,
Linda