Sunday, June 3, 2012

Joseph Good Times and Bad

I've been reading the story of Joseph and noticing how God prospered every job he did. He was a godly man and was in difficult situations but God had a purpose in it all. It just showed me that God can prosper a person, but it also shows me that difficulties may have a godly purpose.

 The main thing is that Joseph was a man of God and he never let his circumstances change that and he had a lot of opportunity to turn away from God. He could have been angry when he was in prison and he could have let it go to his head when he was put in charge of everything by the Pharaoh.

 God knew his heart and knew he could be trusted with the good times and the bad. He had godly wisdom and that is why he prospered, but it was in God's timing.

Linda

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I really liked your thoughts today on Joseph. I think it's so important to know that God does know us - he knows our heart . . . better than we do. We could not accomplish anything good without Him. I wish I could be more like Joseph and be patient, knowing that God's timing is best for me. What a good rule to live by!

Hugs,
Barb