Thursday, March 15, 2012

Low Carb Trail Mix



I made the low carb trail mix from About.com. I wanted something salty so I put in salted pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, soy nuts and peanuts

. I made the homemade sugar free dried cranberries that I talked about here and added those. They turned out ok, but I don't think I spread them out well enough and they dried unevenly. You can see in the photo that there are areas that aren't really dry enough, but some other areas were too dry. They taste good. I used powdered stevia mixed with water to sweeten them. I'm going to keep them in the frig. Next time I'll try spreading them out more.

Linda

.

2 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Great idea! I'll have to try the dry cranberries.

Lady Linda said...

Looks yummy to me Linda. You are working very hard on this. I admire your diligence.

Love, Linda